The information provided below will only be seen by MDRS Crew Selection Committee members, your privacy is important to us. Although this form is not a requirement for selection it is highly suggested that you fill out this form so that your information is entered into our database quickly and accurately. This can also help us contact you if we have not yet received your resume.
Please send your resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure the following all appear on your resume : Full name, Contact Information, and ALL crew rotations you would be available for.
CREW ROTATION OPTIONS:
Not all crew rotation listed as options in the form below will be approved. Therefore it is very important that you fill out ALL slots you could participate in during the season. Please include the times you would be available on your resume also. After the application deadline the selection committee will work with Dr. Robert Zubrin, President of the Mars Society, to decide which rotations will be approved.
ENGINEER APPLICANT DESCRIPTIONS:
* The ability to listen to people, ask questions, and communicate with Mission Support when you're not sure about something is an absolute must!
* The willingness to ask permission for more than minor changes to the machines or systems BEFORE you start executing the changes.
* Must have mechanical aptitude and abilities, and knowledge of diesel and gasoline generators.
* All-Terrain-Vehicle, repair and upkeep knowledge is preferred.
* Working knowledge of electrical systems a plus.
Can-do mentality: Competent, Adventurous, Quick thinking, Flexible, Not afraid to learn, Not afraid to experiment, Not afraid to take risks, Can communicate, Can document, Can take orders, Can give orders
Engineer Applicant Skills Needed/Useful : Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Carpentry, General troubleshooting, Computing, Duct tape, Wiling to learn, Use of a DMM, Soldering or "Sweating" copper pipe, Soldering wires, Use of wire nuts and other electrical connectors, Basic mechanical skills, Use of flare tools and other specialty tools, Correct and safe use of saws, drills and other power tools
BIOLOGIST APPLICANT DESCRIPTIONS:
* Biology or similar science degrees are preferred.
* Applicant will be responsible for collecting biological/geological samples using sterile protocol, using a penetrometer, and testing a portion of these samples in the MDRS laboratory (bacteriological plating, microscopy, e-coli kits, etc). Then packaging and sending out the remaining portion of these samples at the end of your rotation.
We have temporarily removed the Crew Applications form; please send your resume and any other additional information to this email address: email@example.com